smile

NEW! I am working to change all Amazon links to go to Smile.Amazon
Any link from this site will automatically raise money for your favorite charity! And it doesn't cost you a thing!

Sunday, October 13, 2019

Don't Kick the Bucket! Make an Easy DIY No-Spill Water Dish for Your Pet


I love having my dog with us while we travel. What I don't love is kicking the water bowl and spilling water all over the place every day. 


I came up with a way to make a no-spill pet water container for about $1.50

Want to see how?
There are a lot of water bowls that say they are no-spill.  Here is one of them:





However, the dog spilling it wasn't the problem! Me kicking it was the problem! 

This is an easy way to make a water bowl that you can't spill, even when you kick it.

All you need is an inexpensive 1/2 gallon water pitcher. I got mine at Walmart for under $1. Make sure it is flexible. The hard plastic kind will probably shatter if you try to cut it.  Cut it like this:


I actually came up with 2 ways to hang a water bowl - here was my original method - 

Spill-Proof Dog Water - Easy and Inexpensive! Full Tutorial - Plus more storage!

You need a water pitcher and a tube strap - instructions are here.

Of course, if your dog is larger than mine, you might not need to cut it. The high sides keep the water from splashing on the wall

Drill a hole in the side (I drilled 2, the first was too small)


 Find an out of the way place to mount a hook. I screwed mine in, but you could use a command hook.


Put the hook at a level that keeps the bottom of the container up off the floor.

Show the dog where it is



Now you never have to worry about spilling the water bowl again!! Yay!!

There are actually some store-bought dog bowls that I really like - 









Now - 

Go Play Outside!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to share a comment. If you have a question please use the CONTACT FORM at the top right of the blog to contact me. I can't answer your questions through the comments section. I don't know how to fix this so just use the contact form and I can answer any question you may have. Thanks!

HOW TO CONTACT ME

Please use the contact form at the top right of the article to ask me any questions or if you want a reply to your comment. If I reply to your comment on the website, you may not know it or receive any email. Thanks for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate hearing from you!

Join Passport America! Save Money!


PLEASE USE REFERRAL MEMBER GS-671013

Dehumidifier

Dehumidifier
I just bought this - it's 2x as effective, super quiet, lightweight. It's doing a great job! It has made a noticeable difference in the comfort level of our rv.