Sunday, November 20, 2016

Wow - Slow Cooker without Electricity! Great Christmas Gift!

We are planning a long camping trip through the National Parks this coming spring. I can't wait! It's going to be fantastic! The only not-so-fantastic part is that National Parks don't have electricity and water hook-ups. 

I have been looking for a "Thermal Pot" for a long time. That way I can cook a slow cooker meal without needing electrical hook-ups. They are normally over $100, $150 or even more. This is why I don't have one LOL.  Well, the other day I stumbled across this - 



(Make sure you use that link because Amazon has the same model for $79 under another listing and that is what came up in my search - so if it's not $35, keep looking.)

So, my son bought it for me for Christmas.
Isn't he nice?

To use a thermal pot, you heat the ingredients up to boiling and pour them in. Close tightly and let sit for 3-8 hours. Everything will cook up nicely because it is heavily insulated. It's also great to transport hot food to a tail-gating party or get-together.

If you have any experience with these, or have good recipes, please let me know in the comment section. 

I'll let you know how it works when we get a chance to use it.

Now go play outside!

2 comments:

  1. Hi
    So will you boil food on a a fire and then pour it in when boondocking?
    How do you intend to use it with no hookups to get you your food boiling? I'm intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Aisha,

    I could certainly use a fire, what a good idea! I was just going to use the propane stove. I can't leave something simmering all day. So I will heat it on the propane stove, then pour it into this pot and it will cook without electricity all day. And I don't have to worry about burning down my camper :)

    Thanks for asking,

    Liz

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Check this out!

Join Passport America! Save Money!

Seriously, save some money!

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC