smile

NEW! I am working to change all Amazon links to go to Smile.Amazon
Any link from this site will automatically raise money for your favorite charity! And it doesn't cost you a thing!

Monday, November 04, 2019

Three Things to Have for Winter Camping (or Full-Timing)

Winter Things I Love in My RV!


If you're going to camp in the winter - or if you're full time, and not even in a really cold area, here are 3 things that will be really helpful this winter. (Yes, that is a photo of my old RV in the winter in Missouri in 1997 - apparently, I've been trying to get full-time for many years!)

These would make great Christmas gifts!


I swear I really don't shop this much! but I recently bought a  great little dehumidifier for the camper, because winter means the dreaded condensation problem! This is a Peltier type, meaning it doesn't use a compressor. This means A) it's lightweight B) inexpensive (only $19!), C) much quieter & lighter than a compressor type. Most of the peltier type units in this price range are rated to remove 1 cup per day. This one is rated at 2x that! 2 cups per day, which in a trailer is enough to make a real difference. I've been using it about two weeks 24/7 at this point and we can tell.



 We still have a little condensation on the windows in the morning, but not as much. We like to sleep cool so we will probably always have condensation, but this has sure improved things. I am getting close to 2 cups a day of water removed from the air in the trailer! This is wonderful! 




Vremi 1 Pint Compact Portable Dehumidifier

The third thing we bought for this winter is this electric oil-filled radiator - it's wonderful! That is what we use the electronic thermostat-controlled plug for!


COSTWAY Oil Filled Radiator Heater, 1500W Portable Space Heater with Adjustable Thermostat

I just found a new thing! I wish someone had told me about these things last winter!  You can put an actual real thermostat on any space heater! We are using an electric oil-filled radiator to heat the camper. This allows us to set it to an exact temperature. How cool is that? I have tested it out and it really works! Right now I have it controlling a fan because it's hot today! (80's today and the other night 20's - love Texas!) You can set it for heating or cooling. Pretty easy to set and the instructions are in English! I got this one because there is a button to manually turn the outlet on or off. Sharing because I could have used it last winter LOL - wish I had known!


DIGITEN Wireless Thermostat, Temperature Controller Outlet Remote Control Built in Temp Sensor Thermometer 3 Prong Plug

Now Go Play Outside!!

(dress warmly!)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to share a comment. If you have a question please use the CONTACT FORM at the top right of the blog to contact me. I can't answer your questions through the comments section. I don't know how to fix this so just use the contact form and I can answer any question you may have. Thanks!

HOW TO CONTACT ME

Please use the contact form at the top right of the article to ask me any questions or if you want a reply to your comment. If I reply to your comment on the website, you may not know it or receive any email. Thanks for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate hearing from you!

Join Passport America! Save Money!


PLEASE USE REFERRAL MEMBER GS-671013

Dehumidifier

Dehumidifier
I just bought this - it's 2x as effective, super quiet, lightweight. It's doing a great job! It has made a noticeable difference in the comfort level of our rv.