smile

NEW! I am working to change all Amazon links to go to Smile.Amazon
Any link from this site will automatically raise money for your favorite charity! And it doesn't cost you a thing!

Saturday, August 24, 2019

Make a FREE Sturdy Cone Thread Holder that Folds for Travel


Actually, it doesn't have to be a travel holder, I use it at home all the time. It folds up very compactly for travel, though.

suddenly it struck me -  I have something similar  .... You know those CD/DVD stackers? well, I thought - "hmm, that would make a good thread holder".  Five minutes and a piece of wire later, I had a nifty free thread holder.



It doesn't have a heavy metal base, but I have not had any problems with it falling over, or sliding around.  After many hours of use, I have found that the thread works better if I don't have the wire quite so high.

All you need is a piece of wire about 18" long. Not as heavy as coathanger wire, baling wire does nicely :) It should be flexible, but hold its shape.


Stick the wire through one of the holes in the CD spindle. Wrap part of it around underneath, so that it stays in place. 

Extend the top part so that it holds the thread. You can put a simple "U" shape at the top or you can make a little spiral like I did.


When you want to store it, simply wrap the wire around the base and it stores compactly, without catching on everything in your sewing basket.


My other two favorite portable sewing items - 




And another freebie:

Easy bobbin holder - slice a piece of tubing and store your bobbins in it - no unwinding!!



Now go sew something wonderful!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to share a comment. If you have a question please use the CONTACT FORM at the top right of the blog to contact me. I can't answer your questions through the comments section. I don't know how to fix this so just use the contact form and I can answer any question you may have. Thanks!

HOW TO CONTACT ME

Please use the contact form at the top right of the article to ask me any questions or if you want a reply to your comment. If I reply to your comment on the website, you may not know it or receive any email. Thanks for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate hearing from you!

Join Passport America! Save Money!


PLEASE USE REFERRAL MEMBER GS-671013

Dehumidifier

Dehumidifier
I just bought this - it's 2x as effective, super quiet, lightweight. It's doing a great job! It has made a noticeable difference in the comfort level of our rv.