smile

NEW! I am working to change all Amazon links to go to Smile.Amazon
Any link from this site will automatically raise money for your favorite charity! And it doesn't cost you a thing!

Saturday, February 13, 2016

Get More Room in the Shower FREE and Easy Fix for a Tiny Shower

Free and Easy Fix for a Tiny Shower - Amazing! A ton of great ideas for organizing and remodeling campers and small spaces!

This mod will work with just about any shower that has a ceiling mounted rail. In my tiny camper there is a tiny shower. It is 24" x 24"

Here is the shower curtain rail as it came with the camper. Every time I take a shower, I am irritated by how hard it is to move the curtain around a 90' bend. Seriously? this is the engineer's design? They should make the designers take a shower in it LOL

I removed the screws holding it to the ceiling. There was not even any caulking in the holes, so it was simple!

Free and Easy Fix for a Tiny Shower - Amazing! A ton of great ideas for organizing and remodeling campers and small spaces!

Note: If your shower is not a square, you can still make more room by curving it outward away from the tub or shower in the same way. This will work with any ceiling mounted shower curtain rail.

The original bend is just a 'v' cut out of the aluminum. I cut two more 'v' notches and put a slight bend in the channel. No special tools required! This is lightweight aluminum. I straightened out the original 90' bend a bit and this is the result!

You can put the ends in approximately the same position as before, so that the shower curtain ends over the shower pan, but I moved them out a little because I want all the elbow room we can have!  The shower curtain can still be placed in the shower pan, so water does not get out of the shower.

We have gained almost 8" of extra space! 
Amazing to think that is the same piece of aluminum, and it goes so much farther, and still hits the wall on both ends! It is so much easier to pull around too!!

 If you look in the picture below, you can see where the original channel was by the holes on the ceiling.  We only lost that tiny front corner and that wasn't usable anyway.

Free and Easy Fix for a Tiny Shower - Amazing! A ton of great ideas for organizing and remodeling campers and small spaces!

The shower curtain still fits into the base.

The other thing I did that gained a lot of room, is to move the showerhead . The original position of the shower head was on the right wall. You can see a lighter stripe where the hose blocked the uv. That's where it originally was. I realized that if I moved it to the corner, we would have a lot more room. Instead of standing on the short 24-inch side we would be standing on the almost 36 inch diagonal.

By the way all our washcloths have buttonholes, and all our towels have loops so they stay on the hooks while we travel.

If you want to really enjoy your shower you need this showerhead



It is wonderful, makes you feel like you're using a lot of water, but you're not. It mixes air in the water, and really gives you an amazing shower without using much water.  Really great investiment if you spend any time at all in your RV.


Keep reading and see how I turned this

Free and Easy Fix for a Tiny Shower - Amazing! A ton of great ideas for organizing and remodeling campers and small spaces!


Free and Easy Fix for a Tiny Shower - Amazing! A ton of great ideas for organizing and remodeling campers and small spaces!

Update: total shower remodel! Step by step photos and instructions. Total cost $20. Check it out here!

Now Go Play Outside!




8 comments:

  1. Tһis design іs spectacular! Үou ϲertainly know how
    to kkeep a reader entertained. Βetween yiur wit and ʏߋur videos, I wwas almost moved to start my own blog (welⅼ, almost...HaHa!) Excellent job.
    І rеally loved ԝhat yoᥙ had tⲟ sаy, and morе than that, how yߋu presented it.
    Tօo cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey very nice blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll immediately grasp your rss feed as I can not find your email subscription link or
    newsletter service. Do you have any? Please permt me knoow so that
    I could subscribe. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I know this is kind of off topic but I was wondering which blog platform
    are you using for this site? I'm getting fed
    up of Wordpress because I've had issues with hackers and I'm looking at options for another platform.
    I would be fantastic if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, this was an extremely good post. Spending some time and
    actual effort to make a superb article? but what can I
    say? I procrastinate a whole lot and never manage to
    get anything done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's awesome to go to see this web page and reading the views of all friends about this post, while I am also keen of getting know-how.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great web site you have here.. It's hard to find
    good quality writing like yours these days. I honestly appreciate individuals like you!
    Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everyone loves what you guys are up too. This
    sort of clever work and coverage! Keep up the superb works guys
    I've included you guys to my own blogroll.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to share a comment. If you have a question please use the CONTACT FORM at the top right of the blog to contact me. I can't answer your questions through the comments section. I don't know how to fix this so just use the contact form and I can answer any question you may have. Thanks!

HOW TO CONTACT ME

Please use the contact form at the top right of the article to ask me any questions or if you want a reply to your comment. If I reply to your comment on the website, you may not know it or receive any email. Thanks for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate hearing from you!

Join Passport America! Save Money!


PLEASE USE REFERRAL MEMBER GS-671013

Dehumidifier

Dehumidifier
I just bought this - it's 2x as effective, super quiet, lightweight. It's doing a great job! It has made a noticeable difference in the comfort level of our rv.