smile

NEW! I am working to change all Amazon links to go to Smile.Amazon
Any link from this site will automatically raise money for your favorite charity! And it doesn't cost you a thing!

Saturday, September 21, 2019

Grab N Go Soft Tissue Holder Two Ways! 15 Minute Simple Sewing Project



This tissue holder is perfect for your car, rv, or dorm room. Any place you need tissues but don't want a big box. You can divide a large box of tissues up between 2-3 of these.




Just what you need - a simple, quick tissue holder and two ways to make it.

For some reason, I always try to make things complicated. The last tissue holder I made took me days! 


This one was so quick and simple, I doubt it took more than 15 minutes. Let me show you how


The tissue holder hangs on loops. You can use one loop or two, depending on how you are hanging it.


If you want to make it extra nice, you can make a small quilted square that size.  That is what I did. Mostly because I had this small piece of quilt leftover LOL

You will need a piece of fabric - the absolute minimum size is 11"x11"
12"x12" would probably be better, but this is what I had.

Some fabric to bind the edges and make loops.

There are two ways to make this -  I assume you have basic sewing skills

Style #1


make 2 fabric loops

Bind all 4 sides of the quilted square.


Pin the loops in place.

Fold both sides to the middle.  
For some reason I took the photo before I inserted the loops into the end.


You can overlap them a little if you'd like. I thought it might make it hold the tissues more securely, but I really don't think it made any difference, and it was hard to sew through all those layers.

Topstitch across the top & bottom


TA-DAH! you are finished! Fill it with tissues and hang it in a place that doesn't get in your way!


Style #2

Make 1 fabric loop

Bind only 2 opposite sides of the quilted square


Pin the loop to the middle of one unbound side of the square


Lay it down, right side facing you, fold both sides to the middle

Sew across top & bottom


Turn right side out.


TA-DAH! you are finished! Fill it with tissues and hang it in a place that doesn't get in your way!


Now Go Play Outside!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to share a comment. If you have a question please use the CONTACT FORM at the top right of the blog to contact me. I can't answer your questions through the comments section. I don't know how to fix this so just use the contact form and I can answer any question you may have. Thanks!

HOW TO CONTACT ME

Please use the contact form at the top right of the article to ask me any questions or if you want a reply to your comment. If I reply to your comment on the website, you may not know it or receive any email. Thanks for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate hearing from you!

Join Passport America! Save Money!


PLEASE USE REFERRAL MEMBER GS-671013

Dehumidifier

Dehumidifier
I just bought this - it's 2x as effective, super quiet, lightweight. It's doing a great job! It has made a noticeable difference in the comfort level of our rv.