smile

NEW! I am working to change all Amazon links to go to Smile.Amazon
Any link from this site will automatically raise money for your favorite charity! And it doesn't cost you a thing!

Tuesday, November 07, 2017

My Favorite Things for Small Space Living

.Necessities and Gifts for Small Space Living or Camping! Great Ideas here!

If you are looking for a few things to add to your camper, or gifts for someone who has a small space, here are some items that I really get a lot of use out of including TINY APPLIANCES!

One note, before you start shopping - Walmart pays more taxes and employs more people than Amazon does and they give a lot of money to both local and national charities. Also, it is simple to return or exchange something when there is a problem or you just don't like it. I buy my large items from Walmart, and since I quit Amazon prime, I buy just about everything else from them too. They ship for free if you order over $35 or you can have it shipped to a local store for free. So I would like to suggest that before you automatically order something from Amazon, check out Walmart, you may be surprised.

Here is a short list of the items I use and enjoy the most in my camper

Waterproof Binoculars

Necessities and Gifts for Small Space Living or Camping! Great Ideas here!



Small Bug Zapper

Necessities and Gifts for Small Space Living or Camping! Great Ideas here!


We put this in the camper with the other lights off for a little while before we come in for the night. It manages to catch just about all the bugs and saves us a lot of swatting! My son gave it to me for Christmas one year, and I never thought it would be so handy!

Hand Powered Food Processor

Necessities and Gifts for Small Space Living or Camping! Great Ideas here!


This is the neatest thing and it only costs $10. It has a very sharp chopping blade, chops vegetables, and even thick chunks of cream cheese. It has a paddle that whips cream, and mixes things.  It also has a salad spinner, and an assortment of very sharp guillotine blades that slice and julienne vegetables and cheeses. Everything except the little plastic grater works FANTASTIC!! Great thing to have if you dry camp.

Electric Tongue Jack 

Necessities and Gifts for Small Space Living or Camping! Great Ideas here!
For 10 years I've been cranking that jack by hand. Finally decided to get an electric jack - SO EASY TO INSTALL!! and now it takes no time or effort to raise and lower the camper tongue! Why did I wait so long?

Electric Pressure Cooker

Necessities and Gifts for Small Space Living or Camping! Great Ideas here!

Instant Pot is the most popular. I have 3 different brands - they all have different strong/weak points, but they all work great!

Nice Double Burner

Necessities and Gifts for Small Space Living or Camping! Great Ideas here!

It is absolutely amazing! It comes with 3 automatic settings, plus you can turn it to whatever temperature you want. It works with our cast iron pans and most of our other pans. If a magnet sticks to the bottom, it will work with the induction cooker. It heats up instantly! The little 2-Burner stove is going to our local charity shop. 


Ceramic Electric Skillet

Necessities and Gifts for Small Space Living or Camping! Great Ideas here!

Coleman Grill Stove

Necessities and Gifts for Small Space Living or Camping! Great Ideas here!


Sewer Hose Storage


Necessities and Gifts for Small Space Living or Camping! Great Ideas here!


DIY Storage - This site has amazing ideas! DIY & Tutorials for all kinds of stuff!

Tutorial Here

If you want to have what I consider real luxury while you're camping, here are a few more things I have in my camper - 

Midea 6-Place Setting Countertop Dishwasher

  Necessities and Gifts for Small Space Living or Camping! Great Ideas here!

Just got this dishwasher. Mine is black. I used it last week and LOVE IT! I can do a whole day of dishes, or more at one time, and it uses only a little over 3 gallons of water! I am removing the gas burners that we never use, and building an area for the dishwasher there - pictures to come!

Haier Portable Washing Machine 

Necessities and Gifts for Small Space Living or Camping! Great Ideas here!

I love this washer! I wash all kinds of things in it and it does a great job! And it cost less than it did when I bought it ... grrrr

Magic Chef Compact Electric Dryer

Necessities and Gifts for Small Space Living or Camping! Great Ideas here!
Ok, I have reached critical mass and can't fit this in the camper. It has to live under the awning outside, but I still love it! Especially when we're camping somewhere where it rains all the time :)

Blackstone Griddle

Necessities and Gifts for Small Space Living or Camping! Great Ideas here!
Not sure how we got sucked into buying this or if it was worth it, but we own it now LOL Sure is heavy.

What are your favorite things for small space living, camping or travel? Let me know in the comments section - I'd love to find some new things!

Necessities and Gifts for Small Space Living or Camping! Great Ideas here!





2 comments:

  1. Such great suggestions. I own a tiny house that is 8'x18' and that little washer is perfect. I live in a 570' house but still think this post is great for re thinking my appliances.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tonita,

    Thanks for your comments. I think you could probably show me a thing or two about living small. We are now full time in our 19' camper and really enjoying it. I like the washer, but the dryer doesn't get much use unless we're someplace like Oregon where it is never dry enough to hang clothes outside :)

    Liz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to share a comment. If you have a question please use the CONTACT FORM at the top right of the blog to contact me. I can't answer your questions through the comments section. I don't know how to fix this so just use the contact form and I can answer any question you may have. Thanks!

HOW TO CONTACT ME

Please use the contact form at the top right of the article to ask me any questions or if you want a reply to your comment. If I reply to your comment on the website, you may not know it or receive any email. Thanks for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate hearing from you!

Join Passport America! Save Money!


PLEASE USE REFERRAL MEMBER GS-671013

Dehumidifier

Dehumidifier
I just bought this - it's 2x as effective, super quiet, lightweight. It's doing a great job! It has made a noticeable difference in the comfort level of our rv.